Sunday, March 23, 2008
Thing15
Michael Stevens' article is the most thought provoking of those I read. He has spent a lot of time considering the changes that are occurring and their impact on libraries in society. He has a fresh perspective--I appreciate that he said we should not become blindly enamored of all technology. Dr. Wendy Schultz's piece made me wonder about the physical characteristics of libraries and what is happening to them. All of the articles seem so focussed on libraries as sources of information. What about stories? I think our culture must hold on to some of the past and some traditions. Computers cannot substitute for a read aloud from a good picture book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Not to woory...I think you will find (and continue to find) plenty of stories in the libraries of the 21st century! in the comforting picture book style and in new and different formats.
more choices for the users!
Post a Comment